Wednesday, October 1, 2008

NROL - Week 9 - Wednesday

I desperately need one of two things: 2 1.5 pound standard weight plates, or a barbell that weighs in at an increment of 5 pounds. My current barbell (and my EZ curl bar) weighs 12 pounds. That makes my numbers look totally stupid. I suppose my barbell did weigh an even 10 pounds at one point, but my husband had to lengthen it to fit the stand, since we bought the two things separately. I wish I had room for an Olympic set up, but then I'd barely be using any weights on that heavy bar! As it is, I am going to need more smaller (2.5 and 5 pound) weights. There just isn't enough time to swap out with some of the rest periods NROL uses. The 45 seconds I'm on now is barely enough time for me to get a drink and get into position for my next set.

Today was Fat Loss IA, with 45 second rest periods:

[superset w/ full rest]:
squat 3x10x52
bent over bb row 3x10x47

[superset w/ full rest]:
supine hip extension 3x10x10
db push press 3x10x20

[superset w/ full rest]:
rotational lunge 3x10x10 (per leg)
swiss ball crunch 3x10x25

6:45 AM - apple & cottage cheese

9:00 AM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

11:30 AM - chicken & rice soup, grilled chicken salad w/ ranch dressing; I went out for lunch with a friend; I knew what I was getting to eat ahead of time because I checked the menu out online, and that really helped with the temptation; the restaurant we went to has fabulous burgers but getting one never even crossed my mind; I also only used 1/3 of the dressing they gave me for my salad

1:15 PM - coffee w/ cream & Splenda

3:10 PM - carrots & mozzarella string cheese

3:45 PM - yogurt

5:40 PM - homemade chicken soup (chicken breast, whole wheat pasta, mixed vegetables, Italian blend cheese); this was so wonderful - better than the soup I had at the restaurant today; I ate three bowls, which was "worth" about 2 servings of each ingredient; I am warm and full and completely satisfied

No numbers today, but overall, I am pleased with what I ate.


No comments: