Sunday, May 18, 2008

BGB-1 Week 7

Monday

Ah, a new week. I desperately wanted to skip Turbo Jam this morning but I didn't. And I'm glad I didn't because I am really starting to enjoy it.

I am starting to look at treadmills again. I don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon, but I am definitely on the lookout for a good deal. I really do miss running. The TJ is fun, but nothing makes me sweat like a run. I really, really want a treadmill!!

Food was ok today. I did push dinner until pretty late, though.

Tuesday

Good weights day. No Turbo. Food was good.

Wednesday

My quads hate me. Or, they will in the morning. Squats were fantastic today. I am looking forward to some big changes to my routine after next week. And surprise - I am actually enjoying HIIT!

Food was good most of the day. I made chili for my husband, and I was going to have chicken and broccoli, but I decided to have chili instead. It was simple - tomato sauce, beans, burger, onion, and green pepper. I had two bowls, but didn't enter it in my tracker because I really didn't know how much of what I had.

Thursday

No exercise today. It's my optional day. I need to get around to making it mandatory. I think when I change my stuff up after next week, I will. Food was okay. I desperately wanted junk, but stuck to real stuff.

Friday

Workout was fantastic today!! I could really feel my muscles working. The lat throws are great!

I woke up late so food is off schedule. Plus, I was out of cottage cheese, and that threw off my pre-workout snack. I've been fine, otherwise.

Once again, I'm looking at treadmills. I really want to run. We're going to Dick's on Sunday to look around. Maybe they will have a good deal.

Saturday

The day started off pretty rocky. The cottage cheese I bought yesterday was disgusting and I had to scrample for an acceptable pre-workout meal. I ended up making a protein shake, with peanut butter, so it's going to be a high calorie day. After a fantastic workout, I was starving!! I did HIIT on the elliptical again, and threw in an extra interval. I loved it.

Very hungry day. My husband made burgers on the grill. He makes the best burgers.

Sunday

No exercise, but I did some gardening and tried two new foods: egg cream and artichokes. Not together. Both were very good, though the artichokes were a bit more work than the egg cream. Oh, and I tried some Kashi Go Lean protein bars. Pretty good. Not too sweet.

Food was okay today. The cost of food is killing my efforts to stick with chicken breast. We had grilled chicken leg quarters for dinner. Yes, I ate the skin. I may adopt a philosophy of "if it grows, eat it."

Speaking of growing, we planted more in our garden today: cauliflower, watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkins, and jalapeno peppers.

No comments: